You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
Image optimizer written on Python
It uses programs and image type conversion to achieve maximum compression.
- imagemagick (identify, convert)
- cwebp, gif2webp
- avifenc (libaom >= 3)
Python 2.7 or 3.2+
- Try to convert to progressive format:
- jpeg -> webp/heic/avif (lossy) with same quality
- jpeg -> png -> webp/heic/avif (lossless)
- png -> webp/heif/avif (lossless)
- gif/tiff/bmp -> png -> webp/heic/avif (lossless, 1 frame)
- gif -> webp (lossless, multi-frame)
- gif -> webm (almost lossless vp9, multi-frame)
- webp -> heif/avif (lossy 100% quality)
- Optimize result image:
- jpeg -> leanify / jpegoptim
- png -> pngquant / optipng
- gif -> gifsicle
Note: pngquant used only if image has less than 16384 colours.