Source package: php74
PHP, which stands for “PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor” is a widely-used Open Source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. Its syntax draws upon C, Java, and Perl, and is easy to learn. The main goal of the language is to allow web developers to write dynamically generated web pages quickly, but you can do much more with PHP.
- Built only commonly used handlers-modules: cli, cgi, fpm, apache2
- Built only with “no-thread-safe” mode (NTS)
- Built without debug symbols
- To control extensions use fancy script php74-modset
- By default many extensions not built-in and must be installed separately
- Extension interbase now moved to PECL repository and build separated
- Extension openssl built with libssl 1.1.1, as it maximum supported version
- By default garbage collection of session files disabled. Garbage cleaned up by cron-scripts. If web-site uses custom path for session files, then option “
session.gc_probability = 1” must be set. And disable cron-scripts – via command “
php74-modset -a discron“.
- There is packages that can imitate system php-packages – php74p*
- It uses backported libraries and package from ppa packages
Last Updated on 16.05.2021 by